Philip's Spiritual Handoff Legacy ~ John 6:1-13
Why do we have tests of our faith?
1. Testing WORKS our faith muscle. ~ 1 Peter 1:6-7
· God tests us just past our level of trust, then He can show His power by stretching our faith up to the test.
2. Testing DEVELOPS stick-to-it-tive-ness ~ James 1:2-4
3. Testing REVEALS our true focus ~ Psalm 139:23
· Worry shows our FOCUS needs redirected.
· Worry is carrying tomorrow’s load with today’s strength ~ Corrie Ten Boom
· Cast all your cares on Him for He cares for you ~ 1 Peter 5:7
· “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the PEACE I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid. ~ John 14:27
4. Testing PREPARES us for service. ~ 1 Timothy 3:10
TRUST in WHOSE I am, not WHAT I am.
When I trust [have faith] in WHO is I AM, I can LET go and LET God.
· *This doesn’t mean test the Lord by jumping off cliff and hope that He catches you.
When trust is in WHAT I am, I will always require MORE proof.
Managing proof and faith is not a one and done lesson.
It is a constant CHOICE to surrender your self unto Christ.
Romans 12:1-2, Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Even at the Last Supper Philip was looking for more proof!
When Philip’s faith was focused on JESUS,
nothing was impossible!
What would transform a guy that demands evidence
to a guy with a resilient faith worth dying for?
Posted on Mon, May 13, 2013
by Josh McClary