PROBLEMS... Read and Be Encouraged!
When a tidal wave of problems constantly seems to wash us off our feet, it's hard to just to catch our breath! It can feel like everything is consuming all our energies and the best that we can do is react to whatever is next. It can sour our attitude, make us irritable with those we love, and paralyze our motivation to get anything done. We wonder if our circumstance will ever change. We waste copious amounts of energy having conversations with ourselves trying to figure it out. Then we get to the point of saying, "I've been patient long enough!"
Do you find yourself there today? Leave a comment to "pray" and I will devote time just for you.
The purpose driven life devotional Day 25 is for you today. If you find yourself in this place or feeling these emotions, it is a must read!
Here are a few things I underlined...
- God has a purpose behind every problem.
- He uses circumstances to develop your character.
- Problems force us to look to God and depend on Him instead of ourselves.
- You'll never know that God is all you need until God is all you've got.
- Because God is sovereignly in control, accidents are just incidents in God's good plan for you.
- detailed explanation of Romans 8:28-29 is amazing!
- If you look at the world, you'll be distressed. If you look within, you will be depressed. But if you look at Christ, you'll be at rest!" ~ Corrie Ten Boom
- Your focus will determine your feelings.
- The secret of endurance is to remember that your pain is temporary but your reward will be eternal.
- God wants you to thank Him that He will use your problems to fulfill His purposes.
Posted on Wed, October 3, 2012
by Josh McClary