Pointing Forward with Healthy Relationships
When you are good with God, then you are ready for others.
Matthew 22:37-39, [Jesus said] “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
LIFE OVERFLOWS from a growing, personal relationship with God.
When you are focused on solving LIFE like a puzzle... absorbed by your circumstances and feelings... there is a natural tendency to neglect the relationship that is the source of living life to the fullest.
LIFE is not a puzzle to solve; LIFE is a highway of RELATIONSHIPS!
I don’t want to give you steps, but ask questions that point you toward a healthy relationship with God.
- Has there been a time when you began a relationship with God?
- When was the last time you confessed specific sin?
- When did you share your circumstances and feelings with God?
- When did you worship God with your time, talents, and gifts?
- When did you allow others to express they were nervous for you in a particular area of your life?
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12, Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken.
Matthew 18:20, [Jesus said] For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.
Posted on Mon, October 20, 2014
by Josh McClary